Sunday, March 13, 2011

How to Terrify Your Mom in Four Easy Steps by Audrey

"So dad's been working on fixing the back door outside.
This means that I have to stay in their bedroom while he's doing it
because there aren't any other doors to close me off in the house.
As I'm sure everycat is aware, This Is Not Fair To Cats™!!
Fortunately, dad forgot about the fact that I am
fast, fast, fast and I managed to get OUT.
But he caught me and put me in the fenced yard.  HA!"

"You see, during time I've walked outside, I found out that you can jump over the back and side fence!  Well, I didn't do that the first time I got OUT of the back yard.  Muahahahahahahaha!  No, I went under the fence through a spot mom didn't know about!  Go me!!"

"For some reason mom got all worried and scared about me being out and going into the bushes with the sharp thingees that didn't bother me at all!  She was calling and calling.  My twin brother of another mother Star and my brother Zaphoid came OUT with me after all!!  Really!!  Why would it bother mom just because she didn't have Star's toys that mom calls shoes??  She almost got me and then went in to get some stinky stuff called too-nah.  All the boys wanted it and I came out to get some but stinky ole' mom tried to pick me up!!  Pooh!  I jumped back into the yard.  Mom tried to pick me up again so of course I had to jump back over again!  Then I went back into the brush and the Lady Next Door who has all the Woofies That Yell at Us asked what was wrong.  Mom told her that I was OUT.  ::rolls eyes::  The Lady Next Door said something about 'beating the bushes'.  I didn't like the sound of that so I ran back out again.  Wouldn't you know it, mom got me this time!!  She tossed me into the house and pulled the not-yet-fixed-door so that I couldn't open it.  ::pout::  Then she came back into the house through the front door.  I told her and told her I wanted to go back OUT but she said "No!"  Mean ole' mommy!!  She even made me go back into her room!  Oh well, at least she let me have the too-nah in there.  Harrumph."

"Well, I'm tired and I'm going to take a nap now.  It's hard
work scaring moms!!  I need to make sure I'm extra
extra cute so she'll give me looooots of treats tonight.
I'm really going to need them!  Hmmm, I wonder what 'adult beverages' are and why mom is talking about them?"

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Oh, yes, the mom knows all about "adult beverages." Back in her younger days, "angel" Annie escaped a few times from our back space, and of course more recently Nicki has escaped several times. We say way to go, Audrey, but the mom says you need to stay put and stay safe!

    -Nicki and Derry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey! That takes years off a mom's lives. Be a good girl. I got out one time when I was still a kitten. It scared me very much and so I was afraid of mom coming to pick me up but she finally did. Here, I would get runned over by those boxes with wheels if I stayed out.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee..heh..heh..seems like your mom have fun time try to get you back inside the house : ) I do that too, Not actually escaped but out ! everyday !! and mom always worried if I'm not turned up ! but she have to learn to let me free because all cats who live around me have this freedom. And she adopted me from my nieghbour ( next 3 doors ).
    But Audrey, Stay away from woofies ! Not all of them are friendly with us !

    PS : I got 12 doors !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to share a Facebook link that states cat Island survived - it is from the Conscious Cat whose link is
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/the-conscious-cat/update-on-japans-cat-island/10150111228603992

    I hope this is true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a real adventure!

    Tip: When mummy hits the adult beverages, it's time to yowl for extra treats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Sounds like yoo had fun while it lasted!

    ReplyDelete