- Pet Airways is the first pet passenger airline, flying pets in a first-class experience in secure cages. Attendants check on pets every 15 minutes.
- Jet Blue offers the Best Pet-Friendly Amenities.
- Best for Budget-Conscious Consumers: AirTran. AirTran tops this category, allowing small domesticated dogs, cats and birds to travel for $69 each way in-cabin.
- Best for Transporting Pet Variety: Frontier Airlines. Of the airlines researched in the 2010 Petfinder.com analysis, Frontier allows the most diverse variety of pets in-cabin, including domesticated dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters and small household birds.
- Best for Animal Health and Safety: JetBlue. If a pet becomes ill mid-flight, JetBlue will ring the cabin crew to see if there is a veterinarian on board who can treat the pet immediately – showing their dedication to the health of our furry friends.
Monday, January 24, 2011
"Ahem. I was lucky. My foster mom drove me to meet my
Forever Family so I didn't have to fly in one of those Scary Airthingees. Because I heard a sad sad story about a special
kitten who died after being left on the runway in what should
have been a climate controlled cargo hold. Mom and I cried.
So when we saw this information I said mom could post it
before I make her get off of the internet. I am stricter about
this than Da Boys because I am a Princess. If you have a
furfriend who needs to fly, please keep this information in mind!"
If you need to fly with your pet, Petfinder recommendations follow: