Friday, October 23, 2009

Star is Helping... and Oberon in Trouble

First Star jumped up on the back of the computer chair.  Now he's ensconced on my left arm rest, purring like crazy and demanding scritches.  I was wrong about being done with the inside/outside Winter Holiday cards.  So I'm going to see if I can't get those done & start on the other images.  Oooops!  There goes Star!  The trash collector just hit our house and the noise was a weeeeee bit much for him.

In other news, last night I had the joy of getting up on a ladder (and trust me, ladders and I don't get along and I do not want to marry them) on the deck in the back of the house and rescue Oberon aka the Kitten (who is 3 and weighs 15 pounds... at least!).  He wanted to be rescued... but didn't want to be rescued.  And unlike the other cats, he couldn't be coaxed to use the tree routed by himself.  ::sigh::  So there I was, on the second step of the ladder... only a wee bit of fence between me and about six feet of yard... with my knees hurting mind you because of the windy weather, make that serrrrrrrrrious windy weather... trying to grab a cat.

I finally caught hold of his sweet spot (the spot that mother cats use to carry kittens, works wonders on many adults as well) and snagged a suddenly OMG I'm Swinging in the AIR I'm Going to Diiiiiiieeeeeee! cat.  Not being an idiot, I just left the ladder where it was and held onto Mr. I'm Trying My Very Best to GET DOWN NEEEEEOOOOOWWWW™ until we were in the house and near the food bowls.  Cats need to learn that Mommy is good at rescue.  heh.  I seriously wish I could afford someone to take down that tree.  ::narrows eyes::



Ah, Thomas has entered the building... well, at least the room... on the bed... his favorite place to be.  After all... he's The King™.

No comments:

Post a Comment