Saturday, June 19, 2010

Quick Update, Mister Kitten, and a Soapbox

We've got a call in to Da Boy's vet because this morning before he'd eaten, Zaphoid threw up a dark green hairball.  Now it could be dark green because of greenies but it also means that he's not digesting things as well as he should.  We'll see what the vet says.  I trust these vets, I've known the practice for over 20 years.  They're not only intelligent but the type of vets to get out of bed at midnight and go open up the office to try to save my friend's Queen who'd just delivered a litter.  She turned out to have kidney failure, not picked up because of her normal lethargy during pregnancy.  He spent the entire night and part of the morning trying to save her.  Fortunately for the litter, my friend had another Queen at home who'd delivered about four weeks beforehand.  She loathed me trying to get her to take the litter but finally accepted it.  (That was the one thing that really ticked me off about this friend.  She  had a number of cats but wouldn't get them neutered or spayed on the grounds that it was "too expensive".  Funny, all of mine were!  I took one of the kittens from the litter, Quigley the Demon Dust Bunny Hunter)

Anyway, I got some nice face shots of Mister Kitten this week.  Oh, and while I was doing my water exercises yesterday, I forgot to take my camera.  Naturally, Thomas, Star, & Mister Kitten came out and posed like there was no tomorrow!!!




Just a reminder...
This is the Teenage Mutant Ninja Kitty Horde's creedo.   Each one has been a rescue or shelter cat.  Each one has been spayed or neutered.  There are too many feral cats and other litters being born.  Help reduce over-population!  This links to the same graphic on things in the CafePress store if you're interested.  Mugs, stickers (all of the stickers can be used as bumper stickers), sigg bottles, cards, buttons, magnets (shirts are in another section).  Yeah, I'm trying to make a wee bit of money on each one (~.50-$2.00 depending on base price) but the quality is excellent.  I'm wearing one of the shirts now.  My daughter has a sigg bottle, my mom bought Christmas cards, I got ornaments.  All of them looked even better than I expected.  And they've  got a return policy.  Sorry, I tend to run on when I'm nervous.  And Zaphy's got me nervous today.


6 comments:

  1. hmmm...sounds like Zaphy May have gotten rid of what was bothering him...perhaps he ate some plants he shouldn't have?
    Paws crossed for the "lil" guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hope Katnip Lounge is correct and Zaphy starts showing improvement now...We'll keep our paws crossed and purr loudly for him...Bless you and best of luck, gorgeous Zaphy...kisses x3...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hope Zaphy will be okay. We are purring and praying for him...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Kaika's mom here: Purrs for sweet Zaphy from 'Kaika. Are you taking him to the vet? If he has issues with his teeth and is not eating well, the green stuff he's vomited may be bile (if it is liquid). Hope the problem resolves itself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all! The vet said to feed him softened food and keep an eye on him over the weekend. If he feels better, no worries. If he is still sick or I have a funny feeling etc, bring him in on Monday. And of course, if he gets worse, call!!

    I've fed him the two trial size cans of gooshy food I had. At this point I'll take one of the spare food bowls we have and put it down in our bathroom for him with softened food. At this point it's just wait & see. ::sigh:: Right now he's sleeping curled up at Dale's feet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not easy having an older cat. I have a 13-14 year old. I worry about her all the time. She did used to be diabetic, but lost weight and became normal. Then she developed hyperthyroidism, which I cannot afford to treat. So now I fret that she gets enough to eat! Lately I've noticed some behavior changes--she's much more meow-y now--and I think she's lost hearing. But she is so my special girl--adopted her off the street--that's why I'm not sure how old she is! I'm preparing my heart, but that doesn't mean it won't hurt.

    My prayers for Zaphy and for all of the family! He is just 12 so hopefully there will be many more kitty years to go.

    ReplyDelete